May 20, 2011, President Obama spoke about the ‘Arab Spring,’ in his speech to create peace in the Middle East. He enumerated the Universal Rights of all humans. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights set forth by the United Nations correspond to the Universal Laws as follows:
• Right of Self-Determination corresponds to the Law of Free Will. The freedom to respond and choose in wisdom or in fear.
• Right to Opportunity corresponds to the Law of Manifestation and to the Law of Abundance. You have everything within you to have abundance – to create what you desire. Everything begins as a thought – What you believe, think, feel, say and do in each moment comes back to you to create your reality. Thoughts have energy. Energy moves in a circle, what goes around comes around. The combined thoughts, feelings, words and actions of everyone on the planet creates the collective consciousness, it creates the world we live in. Obama stated, peace can not be created with a group committed to destruction. He called on Hamas, the Sunni Muslim Palestinian extremist group based in the Gaza Strip, to renounce violence or lose a historic chance to be part of a Palestinian state. In truth, Obama emphasized, if they do not renounce violence they may be responsible for a Palestinian state not being formed. “We can not solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” -Albert Einstein
• Right to Free Speech corresponds to the Law of Karma or Cause and Effect and implies a profound responsibility to speak the Truth in Beauty and Compassion…or face the consequences. Law of Karma means that what one believes is what one creates. Cause and Effect is simply energy moving in a circle, what goes around comes around.
• Right to Peaceful Assembly calls for humans to step into the Law of Harmony and the Law of Fellowship and allows one a forum from which to call on leaders to do so, as well.
• Freedom of Religion aligns with the Law of Grace and the Law of Soul Evolution as humans model love and mercy and allow mistakes to be transformed and raise the vibration of goodness.
• Right of Equality Under the Law corresponds with the Law of Unconditional Love. Prejudice and Oppression arise out of fear. When humans love each other without condition, they manifest the validity of this right.
Each of these Rights can and have been misused to disastrous effects throughout history. However, when humans stand in the Power and the Light of each Right, holding fast to the Truth in each Law, we are led back to the Law of Oneness and the Golden Rule. The Law of Oneness helps us understand that we live in a world where everything is connected to everything else. Everything you believe, think, feel, say, do affects others and the universe around you. You reap what you sow. It is that simple.