If you’re lucky enough to have outdoor space where you live, now is a great time to start thinking about planting a vegetable garden. Cheap, sustainable and just good fun, gardening is great for everyone.
In North America, most people traditionally plant vegetable gardens in their backyards. In recent years, however, there’s been quite a bit of noise about front
yard vegetable gardening. It makes sense: there are good arguments
against the overuse of grass in our neighborhoods and, depending on the direction that your home faces, it might make much more practical sense to use the front yard.
So long as it’s neat and attractive, I personally think a vegetable garden is a heck of a lot more interesting to look at than some boring old grass. With that in mind, here’s some front yard gardening inspiration from around the web.
1. A made-over front yard vegetable and herb garden courtesy of Shirley from Eden Makers
4. Front yard vegetable garden from Foodarian
5. A traditional garden, from the Brickman Group
, in the French style that contains fruits, berries, herbs, cutting, and vegetable garden.
6. This garden used raised beds for its vegetable plants, from Flickr user Hortulus
8. A project from Edible Estates
, which works to replace lawns with vegetable gardens.